Writing, is of course, at the top of that latter list.
Here are five reasons why I love to write:
- Writing helps me make sense of the world around me. When I write about what’s happening in my life -either in my journal or on the blog or in a long email to a friend – my feelings become clearer and my thoughts begin to make sense.
- Writing gives me an opportunity to connect with other people. I think every writer wants readers, wants someone to read the words we’ve put together so painstakingly. Luckily the internet gives us the ability to do that. Through blog writing I’ve met many interesting people from all over the world whom I can now call friends.
- Writing stretches my mind. Like daily exercise for the body, writing is a way to stretch my brain. Coming up with ideas for things to write, gathering information, putting the words together so they convey my message, all expand my mind and my imagination.
- Writing lets me play with words. I like to arrange words on the page like a quilter arranges blocks of fabric or an artist mixes colors on the canvas. I love learning new words and finding places to use them in my writing.
- Writing gives me a way to tell my stories. Every one of us has a story to tell. Life happens every day and what happens to us is important. Sharing those stories with others brings us together with other humans in a way that makes life more meaningful and bearable. Writing is the way I tell my stories.
How about you? Why do you love writing?